Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!


Well, four years ago today I married my best friend. As canned as that sounds (completely agree with you, Molly) it is completely true! Matt & I have been together for 8 years now, and although it hasn't always been champagne and roses, we've had a wonderful time. And we have always "done it up" for our anniversary:


1st anniversary - Celebrated in Las Vegas

2nd anniversary - Celebrated in Key West

3rd anniversary - Celebrated in Bermuda (thank you Matt & Molly!)

4th anniversary - To be celebrated in Lowell


Hey, there's a lot to like about Lowell, right?? As much as I would love to go someplace fun to celebrate our 4-year anniversary, it's just not in the cards this year. It's amazing how quickly priorities change when a baby (or babies, in my case) comes along. I'm not saying you should stop your life or anything like that, but life is different whether we want it to be or not. In our case, since I was on maternity leave we just can't afford that romatic getaway this year. That gives me a whole year to think of something fabulous for our 5 year anniversary, which I plan on doing!!


And in reality, I'm just not quite ready to leave my boys for an extended period of time, anyway. It's bad enough I hardly see them during the week now that I am back at work, so any time off this year will consist of spending time with my men, all three of them!


Thanks, babe, for a wonderful 4 years of marriage. You are my husband, the father of my children, my best friend, my rock, my bad influence, my partner in crime, my love, my good time, my everything. It's been a wild ride so far, and with our new additions, I'm sure this is only the beginning. I couldn't imagine my life without you and hope that I never have to. I love you with all my heart and can never thank you enough for the wonderful gifts that you have given me, our boys!!

1 comment:

Harris Boys said...

Happy Anniversary. you looked so pretty on your wedding day!

btw: the pics of your boys below are great :)