Friday, April 25, 2008

Yet another setback...

Well, we found out today when visiting Josh in the special care nursery that he had yet another sleeping spell, meaning that he can't come home for another 7 days at the earliest. It is such disheartening news to hear that yet again our little boy is not well enough to be home with us :( And now since my due date was April 22, they are going to start conducting tests to determine what is causing his eating/sleeping spells, so hopefully they will get to the bottom of this...

I have to say that I never imagined how difficult it would be to have one boy at home and another still in the hospital. I never thought that I would have my boys so early in the first place, let alone have them stay in the hospital for so long. Brody was in for just over 2 weeks, while his brother has been in for almost 7 weeks. It's so frustrating because I feel that it is a waste of my maternity leave since I am without both my boys and that Josh and I won't get to bond like I have with my little Brody.

With that said, I realize how much worse this could be...Josh could still be in Boston, but we are lucky enough to have him 5 minutes down the road. And the coordinating of schedules is hard enough, it would be downright impossible if he was so far away. We get to see him everyday and watch him grow. But in all honesty, we just want him home.

Will post any updates when we hear, for now I'll leave you with one of my favorite pics of Josh so far...can't wait to take many more :)

1 comment:

Mike Burke said...

Okay, this may seem a little weird, but I was searching through random blogs, and happened to come across yours and read this post. I just want to let you know that I had a cousin in similar shape so I can relate. Also, my prayers are with you guys... if that means anything. So, I don't know why, but I felt compelled to tell you that. Best Wishes
-Mike