Sunday, April 27, 2008

I miss my mommy!

Ok, I know that I sound like a 4 year old when I say that, but I can't help it, it's true. I just dropped off my mom and my aunt at the aiport and almost had a panic attack because there was no one to watch the baby in the back seat while I was driving home. You see, my mom was here for 10 days to help with things, thinking that both boys would be home by now (and as you can see below, they are not). But it was so nice to have her up for such a long time, not only helping me stay up with Brody, but giving me emotional support and the courage to take our first trip to a restaurant with a baby! If it wasn't for her, I don't think we would have tried that for 6 months :)

My point is, that no matter what age we are, we always need our mom and miss her when she is not around. As much as she drove me crazy when I was a teenager and vice versa I am sure...she has been such a great mom. And since my family lives down in PA, I don't get to see her as much as I would like. Plus now, being a new mom I would love for her to just be right down the road when a problems arises since I have no clue what I am doing!

Now that her grandchildren are up here though, they are seriously considering buying a summer place up here and I couldn't be happier! There isn't much to our family (only 8 of us at the Christmas dinner table and that included my husband) so to have them so far really is a bummer, but for 10 glorious days my mom was here, taking care of me and my babies...here are a couple of shots of her with her two grandchildren that she is already spoiling rotten:

And here is a picture of my favorite aunt with her two great-nephews!

As you can see, these two boys are totally not loved...not! I was so spoiled this past week and a half because there was no shortage of people wanting to hold, feed, and change little Brody. Plus they relieved us first thing in the morning so we could get some sleep...I really hope they come back once Josh is home because I will need all the help I can get!

No comments: